Living in a busy city like Singapore often takes a toll on our skin. A combination of late night conference calls, local spicy food, frequent travelling and subjecting our skin to very humid air (gym/hot yoga) or dehydrating air (air conditioned office/bedroom) really can be very harsh on our skin.
In fact, some of us are so desperate for time in the morning, we often leave home without any skin care at all. We are guilty of applying foundation on naked skin and finish off with a lip gloss and mascara. So we think we could get by with this quick make up fix without the need of proper skin care. Only to be plagued with dehydrated, congested and sensitive skin. Also, freckles on our nose and fine lines around the eyes.
The SECRET to a good yet quick skin care routine is to first understand your skin type. Then, to correctly choose a set of 3 products to be used for day and night.
Our Skin Type can be broadly categorized into Dehydrated, Red with Sensitivity, Blemished or with Fine Lines.
A simple skin care practice is made up of Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize and Sunblock.
How to match skin types to the right skin care?
1) Dehydrated skin tends to feel tight, dull and easily gets freckled.
Best hydrating skin care: If you have been shopping around for skin care products, you may have noticed that almost every moisturizing product lists hyaluronic acid as a star skin care ingredient.
Hyaluronic acid is a sugary molecute (not an acid as many have mistaken it to be), occurs naturally in our skin’s structure. It has the ability to hold 1000 times its weight in water.
- Filorga Hyal Hydra Serum: A gel like skin care with silky finish gives the skin an instant moisture boost and helps to plump up fine lines.
- Filorga Hydra Filler Cream: When paired with Filorga Hyal Hydra Serum, this smooth and light weight keeps face looking fresh and radiant.
Best Hydrating Skin Care
2) Blemished skin tends to get congested and occasional pimples on Tzone
Pimples develop when cells and natural oils begin to block up tiny hair follicles in the skin. Bacteria work their way into the plugged up follicles and start multiplying.
Best Pimple Treatment Skin Care:
- Guinot Acnilogic Serum: Am sure you will agree with me, one of the most irritating skin problem is congested pores. When we touch our face, those bumpy pores which refuse to go away. URRGH… I have tried many products but my favourite has to be Guinot Acnilogic serum. It is made with simple ingredients which help to regular sebum, shrink pores and stop bacteria growth. Wow!
- Guinot Matizone Cream: Locks in moisture and control oil. No more shine on the T zone and still feel soft and supple on the cheeks area.
- Guinot Cover Touch Cream: We all know it but we are too tempted not to ‘pop’ our zits or apply foundation to cover our pimples. These 2 bad habits can be corrected if we have a good tinted pimple cream. More importantly, it has antibacterial ingredients which heal and continue to let our pores breathe.
Best Pimple Treatment Skincare
3) Agin skin tends to have fine lines on the forehead, laughter line, crows feet around the eyes.
Best Anti Aging Skin Care:
- Filorga Meso+ Serum: Meet the ground-breaking serum that mimics the effects of a plumping injectable. Filorga Meso + Absolute Wrinkle Serum is mesotherapy in a bottle. Put simply, mesotherapy sees a series of micro-needles injected into skin, to deliver a blend of nutrients, like hyaluronic acid. Meso + Absolute Wrinkle Serum lets you skip cosmetic procedures by plying pores with a HA for an instant plumping effect. All the benefits in the form of skin care.
- Guinot Liftosome Cream: Usually I am quite particular about pairing the same brand for the serum and the cream for my skin care routine. For my night routine, I have been won over to break my rule as the Meso+ is less creamy works best with Liftosome is creamy but not too rich. What’s more Meso+ corrects line like an eraser and Liftosome firms skin without causing any breakout. I simply love the effects of the 2 gems.
Best Anti Aging Skin Care
4) Sensitive skin tends to get red when exposed to sun, itches occasionally and eczema prone, especially on the thinnest part of the face, e.g. cheeks, corner of lips and even the forehead.
Best Anti Sensitive Skin Care:
- Guinot Hydra Sensitive Cream: If you suffer from redness and hypersensitivity, you can try the Guinot Sensitive range. It contains cleanser, toner, serum and cream. Here, I do suggest the cream as it helps improve skin tolerance by combining the immediate soothing action. Works best when used after Hydra Sensitive Serum.
I hope this skin care in Singapore writeup is useful.