We hope you enjoy our last article on Anti Aging Skin Care. Today we talk about pimple treatment.
Why do we have pimples?
Pimples develop when cells and natural oils begin to block up tiny hair follicles in the skin. Bacteria work their way into the plugged up follicles and start multiplying
- You’re not washing your face properly. Not removing your BB/CC cream, sunblock, make up with a proper make up remover. The bacteria and oil that was already on your skin mix with sweat — all of which will find a nice home in your pores causing breakouts to brew.
Suggestion: Use Maria Galland Cleansing Oil or Guinot Brightening Cleansing Oil to remove all sweat and bacteria on your skin to minimize the chance of new pimples popping up.
- You’re sensitive to over the counter pimple cream. Overusing topical salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, or sulphur over-the-counter treatments can dry out your skin, causing it to produce more oil and possibly blemishes.
Suggestion: Use Guinot Cover Touch antibacterial pimple cream. It is slightly tinted and help to conceal and dry up the pimple without causing reaction as it does not contain sulphur.
- You’re close to your cycle or lack of sleep. When you’re under pressure, your skin produces stress hormones, including cortisol, that can stimulate your oil glands to make testosterone that then increases oil production and clogs pores.
Suggestion: Work out regularly, meditate, take time out of your busy schedule to focus on yourself — all of these things will help you release stress, so your body doesn’t continue to release hormones that will only harm your skin.
- You’re using very harsh products.A lot of people with acne think that the more you scrub your skin with a washcloth, rough exfoliants (like crushed apricot seeds), or cleansing brushes, the smoother your skin will be, but in reality, the problem will only inevitably get worse..
What you can do differently: You can consider Maria Galland Gentle Cleansing Gel, Guinot Refreshing Toner and Guinot Pure Balance Cream as skincare routine. Applying Maria Galland Creamy Soft mask for 10 mins on the affected area 3 times a week during your stressed up period or cycle will help tremendously.
- You can’t stop picking at your pimples. It’s tempting in the moment, because it’s impossible to pick your own pimple and not make a red mark that could turn into a scar. Even worse, when you try to press the plug or oil or pus out of your pore, you run the risk of pushing the bacteria deeper or spreading it around underneath your skin, multiplying your pimples
Suggestion: Use the Guinot Cover Touch Cream which is slightly tinted to make you less conscious of the pimple. After 3-7 days, the pimple will be dried up. Your beautician can then use a sterilized lancet to clear it and disinfect accordingly when you go for your monthly facial.
We hope you enjoy this Skin Care in Singapore article.